.

Our Story

It was on July 12, 1870, only five years after the last shot of the Civil War cracked in the air, that the Reverend Elder John Dupree met with several brothers and sisters at Cawthorne Schoolhouse in Bienville Parish, Louisiana for the purpose of constituting a church. After choosing Elder Dupree as moderator and recorder, an organization was set up first known as Grand Bayou Baptist Church. In 1876 the name was changed to Springhill Baptist Church, named after the spring at the foot of the hill on which the church was located. On a designated area in front of the present worship center is a small stone marker commemorating the location of the chimney place that for years brought warmth to the combination church and schoolhouse. Over the past 140 years since the founding of Springhill Baptist Church, the property has seen many changes, from restorations to new facilities. There have also been many church members and guests, pastors and evangelists, music and youth ministers, deacons and bible teachers, to have been a part of the ministries that have continued until today. Even though these changes in faces and facilities have taken place, one thing has remained the same; Springhill Baptist Church is a lighthouse for the gospel in a world darkened by sin. Under the leadership of Senior Pastor, Bro. Joshua Eubanks and our nine called deacons, Springhill Baptist Church will continue to herald the Gospel to the lost and uphold the Word of God as the only true, unchanging standard by which all of mankind must live. It is our hope that Springhill Baptist Church will be a faithful, local New Testament church, fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) through the heart of the two Greatest Commandments (Matthew 22:37-40).